Here are a some really easy and frugal wedding theme ideas:
What kind of impression do you want your guests to have when they arrive at your wedding?
Add in a little luau food and your Hawaiian wedding theme is complete. Hawaiian cookbooks will provide you with some great ideas, or consider the following foods most common to a luau on the islands:
- Pulled pork
- Coconut desserts
- Rice or fried rice
- Lomi lomi salmon (sort of like lox in a fresh salsa-like form)
- Sugar Cane Swizzle Sticks
- Shave Ice
- Serve sugar cane juice in pineapple halves
- Little umbrellas for the drinks
Beach Theme Wedding
Sand, its messy but it’s really is fun
- Sun, tiki torch centerpieces are a nice touch
- Palm trees, you can rent fake palm trees
- Island music
- Flowers, put them everywhere for decorations
- Fruit, like pineapples, mangos, kiwi will help set the mood
- Cocktails like Pina-Coloda and Mai-Tai will help get dancing
- Cocktail or fried shrimp
- Beach theme wedding favors
Great Garden Wedding
- Decorate tables in white linens
- Large white flower pots full of hydrangeas
- Cover the chairs with white covers, and tie sashes around them that tie at the back with a beautiful rose
- Use old fashioned flower boxes filled with brightly colored pansies
- You can have your bridesmaids carry lacy parasols instead of bouquets
- Serve delicate food like flavored iced teas or raspberry lemonade in iced glasses
- Tea sandwiches and light strawberry salads
- White gloved wait staff that go from table to table with silver tea carts
- Bite sized pastries or chocolate dipped fruit
- Personalized jars of preserves or honey or packages of Jordan almonds wrapped in tulle
- Miniature roses as favors for your guest will create the perfect mood
- A string quartet or a quietly playing harp will add a nice touch of elegance
- Trees wrapped in little twinkling white lights to finish the mood
Gorgeous Garden Reception
Here is a nice example of a garden wedding theme at a wedding reception.
Please see the pictures of wedding reception decor ideas page for tons of pictures to get your creative juices flowing.
Destination Weddings can sometimes be cheaper and more fun.
Destination Location Checklist
- What are the legal and religious requirements for getting married there?
- What are the residency requirements, if any?
- How difficult is it for your guests to get to? Is a change of planes necessary? Are airfare and lodging affordable for your guests? Are blood tests or immunizations required for marriage licenses?
- Will your guests require vaccinations? Can the certifying doctor be in the U.S.?
- What are the necessary documents to get married in this destination?
- Must proof of divorce or proof of being a widower be certified?
- Do documents need to be translated into the native language? Are the original documents necessary?
- Do these documents need to be sent in advance?
- How long do you have to wait after your arrival to obtain a marriage license?
- After getting the license, how long is the waiting period?
- Are witnesses necessary? Must they be citizens of that country?
- Are civil ceremonies allowed? Which religious ceremonies are permitted?
- What is the name of a reputable wedding coordinator and/or a travel agent specializing in destination weddings who can help with bookings for your guests and with hiring vendors?
- Can you make at least one site inspection trip?
- Would you like to spend your honeymoon there?
- What’s the weather like in the season you’re planning to get married?
- How long before your wedding is it suggested you arrive?
Do you want to get married in Figi?
I have heard good things about this destination.
Matangi’s intimate setting makes it the perfect location for a memorable Fiji wedding. Their weddings are usually held on our beach under an arch of tropical flowers at sunset. Their wedding coordinator makes every effort to ensure the couple’s every wish is met.
Things to know:
- A Fiji marriage is legally accepted worldwide.
• No minimum stay in Fiji is required.
• You must be 21years of age otherwise parental consent is required.
• Passports and birth certificates are required for legal registration.
• Divorce decree is essential if either party were previously married.
• Legal document/affidavit stating single status to be supplied by both parties.
Registration - The marriage license registration takes place at the District Office in the town of Waiyevo on Taveuni Island. Waiyevo is a 20-minute car ride from Taveuni Island’s Matei Airport. Registration cannot be done on weekends or public holidays. The resort makes all necessary arrangements and provides transportation for this.
Wedding ceremonies are performed by a minister of religion from the Methodist Church. Couples are welcome to write their own vows if they wish. Marriage celebrants are not usually available in the area. Ministers from the Catholic denomination can be arranged provided the couples have complied with the requirements of the Church.
Most weddings are held on the beach during sunset. Other venue options include; the garden, either of our seaside and over-water decks, poolside, lounge and dining room. Ceremonies in our Horseshoe Bay can be arranged depending on availability and weather. (Additional charges apply). Couple’s have the option of a private ceremony or they can invite the resort’s guests.
Our all inclusive Island Wedding Package takes care of everything including the cost of transportation for the marriage license registration, the services of the minister and wedding coordinator, floral decorations including bouquet, hair piece, leis and choir.
To help celebrate, couples are treated with a bottle of sparkling wine and private romantic dinner. The resort also provides complimentary snacks and rum punch for all guests that attend.
Photography and videography can be arranged with advance notice. Additional charges apply.
Toll Free Number: 1-888-628-2644
Sales - World
World Resorts of Distinction
Manager - North America
tel: 800 869 5409
fax: 310 645 1998
All of these topics are covered on www.BrideToBeWaysToSave.com
addressing wedding invitations
beach wedding dresses
catholic church wedding
catholic wedding music
catholic wedding readings
cheap medieval wedding dresses
cheap plus size wedding gowns
cheap unique wedding dresses
cheap vegas wedding
cheap wedding bouquets
cheap wedding cakes
cheap wedding decoration
cheap wedding decorations
cheap wedding dresses
cheap wedding gowns
cheap wedding ideas
cheap wedding invitations
cheap wedding photographers
cheap wedding plans
cheap wedding rings
cheap wedding supplies
cheap wedding veils
cheap wholesale wedding favors
christian wedding songs
creative wedding ideas
design your own wedding dress
design your own wedding ring
discount wedding bands
fall wedding flowers
father daughter dance
father daughter songs
free printable wedding invitations
free wedding announcements
free wedding clipart
free wedding graphics
free wedding planner
free wedding poems
free wedding speeches
free wedding toast
free wedding vows
inexpensive wedding invitations
las vegas outdoor wedding
las vegas wedding packages
make your own wedding invitations
mother son dance songs
order cheap invitations for wedding
original wedding vows
pictures of wedding cakes
popular wedding songs
pretty hair styles
printable wedding invitations
printable wedding planner
silk wedding flowers
summer wedding flowers
traditional wedding anniversary gifts
very cheap wedding gowns
very cheap wedding invitations
wedding announcement wording samples
wedding cake designs
wedding cake gallery
wedding cake ideas
wedding cake pictures
wedding cake prices
wedding chapels in las vegas
wedding etiquette -- this topic will be covered soon
wedding gift etiquette -- this topic will be covered soon
wedding hair styles
wedding invitation ideas
wedding invitation wording
wedding photography tips
wedding planning checklist
wedding program template
wedding reception decoration ideas
wedding reception decorations
wedding shower games